Su richiesta del prof. Denis Francesconi, segnaliamo la Call for Proposals “First International Conference on Embodied Education”.
The 1st International Conference on Embodied Education is aimed at conveying a community of scholars working in the field of Embodied Education (EE), with the interest of sharing knowledge and creating a network for future activities. Theoretical, empirical and practical proposals related to the interfaces and transactions between embodiment and education are welcome. The body is always present to us, although not always explicitly so.
More than 100 years since John Dewey demonstrated the prevailing impact of mind-body dualism in education, we are very much in the same situation from pedagogical and didactic points of view. A plethora of terms like “atmosphere”, “mood”, “resonance”, “indwelling”, “affordance”, “inter-affectivity”, “joint intentionality” and “transactionism2 have surfaced in phenomenological and pragmatically oriented research on learning, and indeed cover developments in the understanding of our embodied, engaged being in the world.
Yet, at the same time, these relational insights have proved difficult to transform into concrete educational contexts. A key issue is to understand how insights from the frontier of research in embodied approaches to education and learning can contribute to educators and practitioners. At the same time, artists, performers and other practitioners have hands on lived experiences with the very embodied processes, who can contribute to educational and pedagogical research in several ways. Hence, with this conference, we would like to set an interdisciplinary stage by bringing together researchers, practitioners, vocational teachers, artists, teachers, educators, and pedagogues, for exchanging knowledge, experience and ideas, enabling an extension of the understanding of EE in theory and practice.
We want to cut the first turf toward an international movement of people across traditional divisions of labour, dedicated to questions of how the body might take on new roles in educational contexts. We welcome proposals in the theoretical as well as practical areas of education, pedagogy, learning, teaching, instruction, didactics and performance dealing with embodied education.
The conference organisers especially wish to invite inter- and transdisciplinary research teams and researchers as well as practitioners. Main topics and keywords, but not exclusive, are:
- The role of the body in teaching, instruction, didactics
- Sensorimotor learning
- Scaling-up of embodied processes to the conceptual domain of education
- Performative arts: music, dance, drama, etc.
- Plurality of bodily identities, e.g. gender, ethnicity, inclusion
- Embodied pedagogies
- Bodily expression in educational contexts
- Extended mind: technology, virtual reality, artificial intelligence
- Embedded cognition: place-based, environment, sustainability
- Emotion, affection and atmosphere
- Sports, physical education, wellbeing
- Ethical concerns related to embodied education
- Educational discourse, policies and politics
- Educational aims and values
- Call for papers opens: 25.09.2023
- Deadline for submission of abstracts for individual papers/workshops/symposia: 10.01.2024
- Notification of acceptance: 31.01.2024
- Deadline for registration of presenters: 20.03.2024
Per maggiori informazioni: https://conferences.au.dk/embodied-education2024